John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 printer is showing that it is

Customer Question

My HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 printer is showing that it is offline. I cannot figure out how to get it back online. My wireless connection for the same printer also gives me an error every time I try to print, even though it shows that it is connected.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. I did use a thumb drive yesterday that I had not used before.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

What's the status of the wi-fi / wireless light / icon on the printer?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

When you go to the Network / wireless setup option on the printer's screen, is it able to connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.