Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a Brother MFC 9460 CDN printer-scanner. When I scan I

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC 9460 CDN printer-scanner. When I scan I get a vertical line just off the center to the right. However, when I print something, there is no such line. I got an automated message about the drum. Can I fix this by simply cleaning the drum or do I need to do something else?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 9 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

If the scanner glass has dust or any small particle on it, the copy will get a vertical line on the print (if you are using ADF). It is because the paper moves through the scanner glass and the dust, and it comes as a line.

Follow the instructions to clean the scanner from the link below.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=mfc9460cdn_all&ftype3=2046&faqid=faq00000261_038

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N