VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have an IPF6100. In the middle of printing a job an error

Customer Question

I have an IPF6100. In the middle of printing a job an error message E161-403F appeared. How dom I proceed?
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. Please follow these steps so we can better narrow down the issue.

Head abnormal temperature rise (head 2 (L))
Either of the two Di sensors maintained for each printhead chip (color-specific) has been detected at 120oC or higher or -10oC or lower.

【403F】Printhead abnormal temperature
Three instances of the internal head temperature sensor reaching 120oC or higher (or -10oC or lower) have been detected for 28 ms.
Cause1 The face is physically damaged from jammed paper or from foreign matter falling
onto the platen.
Cause 2 Printhead Electrical shorting in the head
Cause 3 Electrical Poor head contact
Cause 4 Ink supply system Abnormal head temperature rises caused by non-discharging
Cause 5 Main unit electrical equipment, Faulty carriage (relay) PCB, head relay PCB, flexible cable, main controller.

How to test each Cause;

Cause 1 With the cover open, check to see if jams have not occurred.
Cause 4 Check that ink is available in the ink. 2F2F (P4-6)
Cause 1 Check to see if a paper cutting failure has not occurred on the most recently used
printed matter.
Cause 1 Check the face of the printhead (to see if it is not flawed by paper or foreign matter).
Cause 2,Cause 3 After removing and inserting the print head, start in service mode to clear the error. Then, restart the printer in normal mode to check to see if the error recurs (possibly poor contact).
Replace the head.
Cause 5 Check the main unit electrical equipment.

If it is the Printhead, then go here to acquire a new one....

https://www.google.com/search?q=IPF9000&rlz=1C1RNVH_enUS610US611&oq=IPF9000&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61l3&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=ipf9000+printhead

From $400 USD and up Sir or Madam.

Chime in and let me know of your results...