John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

WF-2660: What should my printer have on the paper setting to

Customer Question

WF-2660:
What should my printer have on the paper setting to print. I have letter paper (8x11) in the tray.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 11 months ago.

Hello, it is technically 8 1/2 inches and 11 inches. Are you able to put in 8.5?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The paper is 8 1/2 x 11 in my tray.

Hello Richard, I attempted to accept the secure remote assistance session and there was some sort of problem. I will continue to attempt to accept it but please be near your phone in case JustAnswer attempts to call and verify information (I myself do not handle billing).

When you attempt to enter the settings on the printer does it allow 8.5? Also, have you removed power from the printer and let it set for a couple of minutes, then reattaching power?