John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Just purchased a PIXMA MG 7720. Attempted to download the

Customer Question

Just purchased a PIXMA MG 7720. Attempted to download the driver and the message received stated: no driver for my Mac OS X 10.6.8 operating system. I don't want to upgrade my OS because I lose my ability to use all my Word and Excel files. What can I do? Is there a different Canon printer that would work with my present system?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 9 months ago.

No new printer will work with older version of MAC, but I do not understand that, who gave you the information that, Word and Excel files will not work in the updated version of MAC OS, because Word and Excel is thirdparty software and if you upgrade the OS, nothing will be effected except the inbuilt MAC softwares. Unless you completely format the hard drive and install the latest OS.