John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

TO CONNECT MY OLD BROTHER PRINTER TO AN OLD COMPUTER. I HAVE

Customer Question

I AM TRYING TO CONNECT MY OLD BROTHER PRINTER TO AN OLD COMPUTER. I HAVE THE SOFTWARE TO INSTALL IT BUT I CAN'T GET PAST THE "PRINT A TEST PAGE" IT WON'T PRINT A TEST PAGE.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: TRYING TO CONNECT MY OLD BROTHER 5140 TO AN OLD COMPUTER
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you get a specific error when it tries to print the test page? Or does it say its printed yet nothing comes out?

Also, which version of windows or Mac are you doing this on?