Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

AN E-01 printer problem on Epson NX420. I watched a video

Customer Question

AN E-01 printer problem on Epson NX420.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I watched a video and played with a white plastic piece then pushed it back in as the video said. I am still getting a horrible noise and red flashing Printer Error has occurred and to turn off machine.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Only that an eleven year old probably did this damage. He will pay for it later!!!!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

E-01 indicates that there is likely a paper jam somewhere.

Try manually pushing a piece of stiff card through the paper slot and right through the printer whilst it is powered off, to help move any small fragments of paper. Then try printing again. Let me know if that helps?

Pete.