Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Canon L80 Fax Phone will not send fax, I dial the number

Customer Question

My Canon L80 Fax Phone will not send fax
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I dial the number and get a dial tone and I get a fax tone but the paper wont go through, so I am unable to send a fax. Any suggestions?
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No thats just about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It may be that the problem is at the other end. Does this problem show up with only one fax number? if so, that may explain it.

Try dialing your cell phone # ***** the Canon L80. See if the call goes through, and if when you pick up the call on your cell phone, you hear beep tones from the L80 fax.

If so, then you probably don't have a problem with either your L80 fax, nor your phone line.

But also test it other ways, if you like.

And, if the call *doesn't* go through, then you may have a problem with the phone line service, or with the local phone cabling to your fax-phone.

Did the phone line service you have, work before this with the L80 fax-phone? if not, if you changed your phone line service provider, the phone line service might be at fault... esp. if the phone service is digital (i.e. UVerse, Vonage, MagicJack, VoIP, etc.)

Let me know, and I will advise you further. Thanks.