VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

What is a drum and where can I buy one? I dropped the

Customer Question

What is a drum and where can I buy one?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I dropped the printer accidentally and the drum light is on now and won't reset
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Not a problem to answer this for you. I need only know what is the Make and Model of the printer in question Sir or Madam?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
brotherhd2270dw
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its asking to clean the corona wire also?

For a Drum Replacement Sir or Madam:

http://www.inktonerstore.com/brother-ink-toner-cartridges/hl-printers/brother-hl-2270dw-toner-cartridges.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA9c-2BRC_vaaJ0Ybps30SJABlqxDe5c-qHcNiyJXOhBWyR3yBdOldYLKWP5CdD60oWl6bABoCp9vw_wcB

Cleaning the Corona Wire:

Please follow the steps below to solve the problem:

• DO NOT use cleaning materials that contain ammonia, alcohol, any type of spray, or any type of flammable substance to clean the outside or inside of the machine.
  • Be careful not to inhale toner.
  1. Open the front cover and leave the machine for at least 10 minutes to cool down.

2. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.

• We recommend that you place the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly on a clean, flat surface with a piece of disposable paper underneath it in case you accidentally spill or scatter toner.
    • To prevent damage to the machine from static electricity, DO NOT touch the electrodes shown in the illustration.
  3. Clean the primary corona wire inside the drum unit by gently sliding the green tab from right to left and left to right several times.

Be sure to return the tab to the home position () (1). If you do not, printed pages may have a vertical stripe.

4. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back into the machine. Close the front cover.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl2270dw_all&faqid=faq00000208_027

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
still not working where do I purchase a new drum?

Please note:

The Corona Wire is part of the Drum assembly...