John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon iD6700P printer which has served me well

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Canon iD6700P printer which has served me well for at least 5 years. I can't get the black cartridge to print anything although I have put in a new cartridge. I have tried deep cleaning but that doesn't work. I need another cartridge for the printer (PC8) but am reluctant to purchase the additional cartridge in the event that my printer has reached its useful life and need to replace. I would very much appreciate your advice as I have been very happy with this product.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

let me know that is black not printing at all or its faded

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

you have also mentioned that you have done a nozzle cleaning and deep cleaning already with no change..in such a case there is a manual cleaning we can try before we arrive at a conclusion as whether the printer needs a repair/replacement or can be fixed

let me know once you are ready so that i can tell you the process of manual cleaning