Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Alarm light is on, not allowing printer to be used, printer

Customer Question

alarm light is on, not allowing printer to be used
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: printer will not operate. on light flashes alternately with alarm light. printer cannot be used
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check on whatever might make the Alarm light come On.

1: enough paper - but not too much. Over 25 sheets sometimes bothers printers.

2: unplug from power for 15+ minutes, then try again.

3: check ink levels. If any cartridge is too low, that might alarm the printer. But: don't just replace cartridges blindly. That is an expense, and usually doesn't work. Use the printer's controls/display (depending upon model) or use the software provided with the printer on your computer, to determine the ink levels.

Let me know the maker and model #, and I will advise you in more specific terms. Thanks.