Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a HP Officejet PRO 8500 Premier that will not print,

Customer Question

I have a HP Officejet PRO 8500 Premier that will not print, any color. When I hit the print button it goes through the motion of printing, puts out paper, but the paper is 99% blank--might have a spot on it. Any suggestions?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Do you have tried anything else, except replacing the cartridges ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It has happened off &on before but never completely stopped printing before
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
R you there?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

The problem you are facing is caused due to few reasons, one if the ink level is low or the cartridges are defective, two if the printhead is clogged or three if the printhead is defective. As you have already replaced the cartridges without any positive result, I will recommend you to clean the printhead using the steps below, clean for at least two times. If you do not get any positive result or satisfactory result then, follow the steps from this LINK to clean the printhead manually, if this step failed then, unfortunately the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem.

Please let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Follow these steps to clean the printhead.

1. Load plain white paper into the input tray.

2. Press the Setup button.

3. Select Tools.

4. Select Clean Printhead.

5. Wait while the printer cleans the printhead.

6. A test page prints after the printhead is cleaned.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Cleaning print head now
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Clean the print head several times. No better. Does that mean I have to replace the print head? If so what is involved in that?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How hard is it to replace the print head? Is that something I can do myself? My printer is about 5 years old it cost me about $350. Is it worth the cost of new print heads?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can I replace the print heads myself? Cleaning them did not do much good, and I still cant print. Finally had to go elsewhere to get an impt document printed tonight. I need to print again soon, so I will either need to replace the computer or replace the print heads.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 10 months ago.

Yes, you can replace the printhead yourself.