John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother HL_3170CDW printer that is just over a year

Customer Question

I have a Brother HL_3170CDW printer that is just over a year old. We a getting a smudge and /or impression spot every 2.25 inches apart; 2.25 inches from the left side of the paper and about 1.125 inchesW in size and .250 inches in H.
I have pulled the ink cartridges and checked the rollers - drums and they look fine, the transfer conveyor on the bottom looks good.
I think it is the something stuck to the rear discharge roller, but am not able to roll in over to see the back side and am not sure how to remove.
Any ideas or instructions on removing the rear discharge roller?
Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. I need to know if you are using Windows or MAC OS X?