Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a HL-L2330D brother printer. I changed my drum, but

Customer Question

I have a HL-L2330D brother printer. I changed my drum, but when I try to reset my counter by holding down the power button for 4 seconds, it does not show the 4 led lights lit to indicate that it was reset. If I continue to hold the button the machines goes off. When I turn it back on and try to use it the drum light turns on. How can I make it reset the drum?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Verify that you replaced the drum, not the toner cartridge. On many Brother printers, the drum is a sort of frame around the toner cartridge, which fits into it.

Then, open the front door of the printer.

Then, hold down the GO button for about 4 seconds continuously. Hold it down hard, don't let it up.

The four LEDs should flash.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That is what I told you I did. Yes. I replaced the drum. The four LED's do not flash. That is the problem. This was no help at all.