BigDish101
BigDish101,
Experience:  Systems Administrator at TXNJ Enterprises
92961829

New black cartrige papper comes through like it thinks its

Customer Question

new black cartrige papper comes through like it thinks its printing but no ink on paper
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I replaced the main black ink cartrige today and now can not get any ink to show up on the paper , i tried a self clean cycle but still no ink on paper, says its printing and spits out paper but its blank everytime
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: the preloaded designs for music sheets and mazes on the printer itself will print for some reason...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 12 months ago.

What kind of printer is this? It sounds like the type of printer where you only replace the ink tank and not the actual print head with ink take. In this case you print head is clogged and needs to be replaced.

If this is the kind where the ink tank and print head are one unit did you remove the plastic film from the print head before installing it?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
HP Photosmart D7560 someone else had mentioned the plastic film thing to me too so i double checked just to make sure that i didnt install it with the plastic still on
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
thats not the right printer
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
my cartridges dont look like that

Ah, when you mentioned checking for a plastic film I assumed you had the all in one cartridge type. I see after looking up this specific printer that it is a ink tank printer with separate print head.

In this case it sounds like your print head is clogged and will need to be replaced.

I've found one on ebay for you: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291528149116

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
this is a joke what am i paying for??

Print heads generally can not be unclogged with any decent results. You may get some streaks to print but rarely will they ever print like new.

Once you replace the print head I highly suggest using your printer at least once a week and power cycling it daily (turning it off end of day, turn it on beginning of day) this keeps the ink in the print head from settling and gumming up.

Also when the message comes up that ink is low or replace ink tank replace it at that time NOT when streaks if missing line show up on the paper, once this happens there is already air bubbles in the print head and it's on it's way to getting clogged.