Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have an HP Photosmart 3210 printer and run windows 7. The

Customer Question

I have an HP Photosmart 3210 printer and run windows 7. The printer is connected to the computer by USB cable. It was not part of a wi-fi network. Yesterday I installed a new modem / router successfully. Ever since my printer's status is offline. What to do?
John Pinkerton
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that the printer's current Offline status has nothing to do with the new modem/router - if it is still configured to print through the USB cable directly from the computer.

(Check that the printer has not been mistakenly set to be a networked printer... it might doubtfully happen.)

Go to the printer's icon in

Control Panel - Devices and Printers.

Right-click on that icon, and see if a check-mark is next to 'Use Offline', if so, remove that check-mark. (Or, click on 'Use Online' if there is such a entry in the right-click menu and it does not have a check-mark next to it.)

If you want, after that, to try a full uninstall-restart-reinstall, let me know, and let me know whether your Windows 7 is 32-bit, or 64-bit. Thanks.