Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My Canon ir1030 multi funtion devise will not print from my

Customer Question

my Canon ir1030 multi funtion devise will not print from my computer. am running window 10 and think i have the proper software download.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First check whether the printer's queue is empty - if not, Cancel all the print jobs in the queue for this printer.

Second, if directly connected with a USB cable, unplug the cable at the computer end, then the printer end, examine it along its length for damage/strains/cuts/etc, then plug in again to printer, then plug in again to computer.

Third, check whether the Windows 10 is the 32-bit version, or the 64-bit edition, by going to

Control Panel - System and Security - System

and look for the 'System Type' entry, which will be either 32- or 64-bit. Let me know what you find out, and I will have further suggestions if the above doesn't work.