Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Fuser Jam, Minolta 2430dl I print and it always states Media

Customer Question

Fuser Jam
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Minolta 2430dl I print and it always states Media Jam
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
look... I dont want a service
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just want this one issue solved
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just gave a credit card and now I am upset...This is terrible how you want me to commit to a service when i just want to solve a one time event!!!
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Terrible how This site operates... I am reporting this site to the better business bureau
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'm sorry that nobody else took on this case before I saw it. (There may be an unusual surge in demand on this site, today.)

Where does the paper jam, where does it stop? if in the fuser, then either the fuser rollers are defective and obstructing it (likely, if the paper is being crumpled or crinkled at the leading edge going into the fuser) or else, if the paper is undamaged, it may either have a defective paper position sensor in that region, or the control circuitry might be defective and falsely sensing 'no paper' when it should be sensing it, therefore a paper stoppage therefore a jam.

Replacement of fuser, or servicing for defective sensor, or servicing for defective control board, would be the ways to treat this problem. But, you can first check and double-check for any blockage... be sure to let the printer cool off for 10-15 minutes after turning it off, before going anywhere near the fuser, lest one be burned on the fingers by how hot the fuser is.

Let me know more, and I will continue to advise you as appropriate to the facts of the case.

If you have a billing payment or charges issue, let me know, and I will refer you to Customer Support (they have the power to deal with such things, I do not.)

I am sorry if JustAnswer.com's salesmanship or offers or policy have offended in any way.