John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

We have had our printer 3-4 years and it is not printing

Customer Question

We have had our printer for about 3-4 years and it is not printing properly we feel that we need to re-set the printer back to manufacturer's specifications. How do I do this??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Printer is printing black bands instead of text, it is slow and does not completely print the entire document.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?
Customer: We are using an ASUS RT N66U Dual Band 3x3 Wireless N900 Gigabit Wireless Router with password *****
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The problems you have described are ones I have dealt with many times. I can help you fix these problems, but first I need to ask you a few questions.

Whats the full name brand and model of the printer?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Thank you,

Dustin S.