John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My name is ***** ***** My printer keeps saying its in error

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** ***** My printer keeps saying its in error state. I don't know what to do
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I don't know to much about computers or printers but every time I try to print it just keeps saying canon MX470 series is in error state. I've restarted the printer and the computer but its still not doing anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Question. If we forget about the computer for a moment.

If you place a document on the scanner glass of the printer and press copy on the printer, will it make a copy or do you get an error still?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it does make a copy
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

excellent.. so we know on a basic level, the printer is working.

So the error must be with your computer software for the printer. I can help you fix this.. But first a few more questions about your computer.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its a windows 8 touchscreen
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Thank you.

One last question and we can start the repairs, is your printer connected via a USB cable, or wirelessly?

And also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and repair the printer software for you? If so, accept the secure remote connection offer I sent you.