Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

When I try to make copies or scan documents on my imageCLASS

Customer Question

When I try to make copies or scan documents on my imageCLASS MF3110 printer I get a blank page. Documents print just fine, but documents on the platen glass don't copy even though it seems to operate like it always has, except that it gives me a blank page.
I downloaded drivers from the Cannon webpage but that doesn't help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try this:

Open the top of the machine, and don't put any paper on the glass sheet.

Do a photocopy. Does the scanner bar, under the glass, light up at all? or is it dimly green-white, rather than blindingly white, when the photocopy process is being run through?

If the scanner bar isn't bright white, or doesn't light up at all, then unfortunately the scanner bulb may be burnt out... or something else associated with it is defective. In which case, you cannot fix it yourself but will have to have the copier function restored by a Canon-skilled repair tech, who can do the rather elaborate disassembly and replacement and reassembly after testing.

(Unless, of course, you are yourself a Canon-skilled repair tech, or something near that level of ability needed for such a repair.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The bulb is bright white. now what?

Then something else is wrong, something subtler.

Unless of course, you haven't turned the copier settings toward Darker. Try them at maximum Darkness. (If you need specific instructions, let me know.)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried with the darker setting. still a blank page. I hope you guys are serious about reversing the charge if I'm not satisfied. I realize you can't solve every problem, but I asked my question at 7:30 and it's now after midnight. I've done online chats before that have been far more responsive. I see the $5 has already be posted to my account. Can you reverse that charge please, and ensure no additional charge is made to my account?

Your printer is 'broken' in the scanner portion, and you will need to get it repaired. Or replaced, if you so prefer.

I have no power to issue refunds... I just offer advice to people.

For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to

Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which may be contacted through:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness. Considering how late the hour is.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you Russell. I contact them.