John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a WF-100 printer. It will not accept my wi-fi

Customer Question

I have a WF-100 printer. It will not accept my wi-fi password. The password ***** ***** That is the lake I live on, Belletaine, with the "straight" replaced by the numeral "1." I tried many, many times before phoning your techie for help. He helped me to try a number of things, none of which worked, and then he suggested Fed-Exing me a refurbished replacement. It arrived today and I just set it up.
It does exactly what my own WF-100 did.
It asks for my password ***** I type it in very carefully "B e 1 1 e t a" and when I enter the eighth digit, "1" it immediately switches to "setting up...", and then notifies me that "setup failed."
I hope there is a solution to this problem. Can a techie at Epson check out my effort on a WF-100 there?
Please help me. No one has ever before had a problem with my password, and it ha worked with my Epson Photo RX620, my Epson XP-850 and my Epson XP-410.
Lee A. Hanley (###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the brand / model of your internet modem / router device?

Do you know how to check / confirm your Wi-Fi / wireless password?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do not know how to check/confirm my wireless password, but it works effectively with six computers in my home as well as four iPads, an iPhone, and my Samsung television.
My modem is an Arris Surfboard XB6141. Router: I don't see brand name, but number on its top are "RT66U Dual Band 3x3, Wireless-N900 Gigabit Router, and it works just fine for every piece of equipment I have except my new Epson WF-100 and the replacement WF-100 that Epson sent me.
I have Windows 7.
You can certainly remote me, but I can't imagine how a remote would solve the problem of a printer that won't hook up with my modem/routerl
My phone #:(###) ###-####My name is***** email address:***@******.***

I will check the compatibility setting on the router. On the Windows 7 computer, please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d148dcf5-6e3b-4aab-b509-0a747c37349b

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On the computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me:

http://tinyurl.com/hr39cop

2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I'm sorry, we got disconnected during the Epson "Wi-Fi Auto connect Printer Setup" page. Please continue follow the prompt on the computer''s screen for setting up the printer, then let me know.

- If needed, on the computer, click on the wireless / network icon at bottom left, then click on your wireless network name, and connect.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

HI, my name is***** appears the previous expert has opted out.

Were you able to resolve this issue? If not, Id like to help you and I have a solid idea of how we can fix this.

Please respond when you can, thank you.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have to be. Sure I am using the right sub cable. I think we have to connect again later. I'll try to do what you suggested.
Lee
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Hi Lee, the previous expert opted out.

If you need to leave or reconnect later, thats fine. I will keep an eye out for your replies letting me know when you are next available.

Dustin S.