VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Dear Lexmark Pro- HELP!!!!!! I have a new customer- A

Customer Question

Dear Lexmark Pro- HELP!!!!!!
I have a new customer- A financial firm- I bought an annuity from them. They have a Lexmark XS796de that popped a 900.46 error- a Firmware error, requiring an engine board replacement- got a firm price of $1701.90 from a dealer in CA. Am sure I could get it somewhere else for a lot less. So located 2 off-lease Lexmark machines- #1 is an identical XS796de, with about 160K on it versus the 430K on the failed one. Got another one, an XS795de that has no finisher and needed a password ***** get in. Reset the security with a jumper move on the engine board and a Power-on-Reset. (Per the Service manual, which I have). And this #2 machine has only about 56K prints. YaY !!!
BUT, this #2 copier WILL NOT print just like the #1 machine does- It prints out the 11-page Menu Settings List and several of its internal reports just fine, but not these 6 others: Device Statistics, Network Setup, Print Fonts, Print Directory, Print Demo, or Print Asset Report. Much worse, it also fails to print files that I have on a USB thumb drive- namely the Service Manual and the User Guide, which both print fine on the #1 machine. Nor will it print the “Customer Support” page info screen (from the main menu screen). I’m concerned that it will not print when connected to the customer’s network.
When I submit any of these print jobs, the screen says “Busy” for a few seconds, and then reverts back to “Ready”; at the same time the green LED panel light flashes a few times and then goes to a steady green LED light. Also, the copier simultaneously makes some encouraging noises for maybe 15 seconds (a very quiet motor turns ON, and some clicks). Then nothing…. NO error message or apparent reason for ignoring the job request.
A normal job will say Busy, then Engine Warming, then Busy, then “Printing page 1/1, copy 1/1”, with the green LED flashing throughout the printing and stopping after the print hits the exit tray.
I must be missing something obvious. The 3 paper drawers all are set for Letter and Plain paper. Cannot see anything weird on the Menu printout.
Can you help me??
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Well you can find the Logic Board on http://www.fastprinters.com/webpn139.asp

They have the replacement part that you would need to support your client. Next, you would do well to replace the second faulty Logic Board also. It would be easier to either have them serviced or replaced the boards with the problems as they will take several days of non-stop trouble shooting or replacement of parts on the Logic Board to resolve this issue Sir or Madam.