Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have Canon MP620 printer. I had Windows 7 and had the

Customer Question

I have Canon MP620 printer. I had Windows 7 and had the printer hooked up ok. Then upgraded to Windows 10. It now says it can't find the "driver". What happened and can I get the printer hooked up to my laptop again?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Canon did not make a driver for your printer model for Windows 10, but you can download and install the Windows 8 printer driver, and it will work on your windows 10. Please try the following fix:

1. Right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Control Panel (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK), then open System and Security / System, and note if the System type is 32-bit or 64-bit.

2. Click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mp-series/pixma-mp620?tab=drivers

, then there, for Operating System, select Windows 8 (x64) if system type is 64-bit, or select Windows 8 if system type is 32-bit

, then click on Drivers below it

, then download and install the item MP620 series Mini Master Setup, then it should work

, (if it does not work, then download and install the item MP620 series MP Driver)

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.