Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have an error message on my printer - Oxc19a0027 - Ink

Customer Question

hi yes i have an error message on my printer - Oxc19a0027 - Ink Failure -
JA: Huh?
Customer: It wont allow me to go to menu screen on the printer - I have replaced the inks but the message is still there
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Its telling me to switch the printer off and then on - but the message remains there and it doesnt change
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Printer Technician now?
Customer: yes please - thankyou
JA: Huh?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

What is the the make and model of the printer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HI Photosmart serial no: CN09U2R6QS
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

An ink system failure error message usuallly indicates a faulty printhead

please follow the below steps

remove the ink cartridges and printhead from the printer and turn off printer

unplug power cord

clean the golden contacts on the ink cartridge and printhead with cotton swab and alcohol

wait for a minute

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

plug in power cord and turn on printer and check

if still the error repeats that would indicate a faulty printhead and would need to be replaced

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

if printer is within warranty you can contact HP to get the parts replaced else if out of warranty you can order printhead and replace it yourself

i hope you understand that in cases of hardware failure i can only suggest reset and cleaning steps but cannot make a bad part work again

Expert:  Michelle replied 9 months ago.

let me know if you have any questions

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit.