John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a PIXMA MX340. When I print, my computer tells me the

Customer Question

Hello, I have a PIXMA MX340. When I print, my computer tells me the printer is offline...but it is not. The machine does print a "nozzle check" but that's all I can get out of it. Is this fixable or do I have a dead doobie machine?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I do see the print job listed in the document queue box so it's there and ready. The paper even goes through the machine but it comes out blank.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about that issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Does the print job keep staying in the queue?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. Thank you.