John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Didn't expect to chat so quickly with someone. I have the

Customer Question

Hi, didn't expect to chat so quickly with someone. I have the same problem as a previous inquiry. I have an Epson C3400 and the paper error light keeps coming up. I have paper, everything looks good. Printer worked great with rolls and yesterday I changed the setting to print with folded paper and the paper error started. I went back to rolls and the error happens there too.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not much to say. I load the printer with a roll. Everything is set the same way it always has. When I close the door the paper sets up normally and then the error light comes on for no apparent reason.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The paper error light blinks and the error light stays on all the time. When I shut down the printer and restart it, the start sequence start properly than the paper always backs up a little and move back again to it's final position. The error occurs after the paper backs up.
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 9 months ago.

Hello how are you today? Have you tried to unplug the printer and let it sit for a couple minutes, then plug it back in? Also, is there any specific error you are getting aside from the LED?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No other error and I tried unplugging too. While I was waiting, I solved the problem. Don't understand why though. After I used my printer the last time I noticed a sticker stuck in the top inside the printer so I removed it. It was a round sticker identical as the ones I used. Just in case, I put another on back and the error went away!

OK great! Have a good day!