John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am trying to scan from my Canon MX 432 printer and it will

Customer Question

HI there, I am trying to scan from my Canon MX 432 printer and it will scan and "print" out a photo so I know the scan is working but the scanner to PC is not working. Please help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean scanning something from the printer into the PC?

Was it working fine previously?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am trying to scan from the printer to the PC. I have a brand new Dell desktop. The printer is an MX432 Canon scanner and fax. It is not set up to work remote yet but was installed on my computer. I have windows 10 and am using a USB cord which is attached to both the scanner and my desk top.

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for now?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The issue is with my scanner not my computer how do we do this?

You are trying to scan from the printer/scanner to the computer, so the issue is with the scanner driver / software on the computer; I would fix that on the computer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do you need to do that?

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=85c63d4f-ed51-4c7e-87f3-40cddb79ecc9

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. Click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, so I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/j7osm3e

2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.