John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a brother 9840CDW multifunction printer. Wireless

Customer Question

I have a brother 9840CDW multifunction printer. Wireless printing used to work perfectly and allows printing from every room in the house remotely. Nowadays however if I use wireless printing even with the device/computer close to the printer the printer would not detect the incoming document. The computer would sometimes but not always display printer is offline. Though the document will print automatically when I turn off the printer and turn it back on again. I wonder what is going on. All the settings appears to be normal.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Tim are you able to diagnose the issue based on the information I included?
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

No, it very hard to come up with a idea with this little info, What you are describing, in My opinion, hints at a defective printer.