John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer is on but will not detect what I want to print, I

Customer Question

my printer is on but will not detect what I want to print
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I type what I want printed, click on print however it does not print ,On the printer it says that it does not detect what is to be printed.
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Printer Technician now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your printer? If it's an all-in-one printer, are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

When was the last time this printer was working fine on this computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.