Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

I've followed all the prompts a document on my Canon MX922,

Customer Question

I've followed all the prompts for faxing a document on my Canon MX922, printer, copier, fax machine and it does not send. The 5 sheets to fax were loaded properly, face up, on the machine, fax button lit, entered phone number of recipient, pressed OK and start. The papers are accepted through the machine, and it indicates 10% fax memory, but doesn't complete or send the fax.
What am I missing?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) Is this a dedicated fax line, or a shared voice/fax line?
2) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)
3) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
4) Are you able to receive a fax successfully?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This is a shared voice/fax wireless printer/fax at our residence. My husband and I each have a computer associated with it.
It is a Windstream landline with wi-fi connection.
Our computers and fax machine are new and were installed by Geek Squad from Best Buy. There is not a manual that we can follow for the various tasks. We are elderly, so probably need to "start from beginning" for sending a fax!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Well my bigger concern here isn't that you are doing anything wrong, in fact you are probably doing everything right if you got as far as you have. I would suspect this is a line or connection issue.

Do you get any type of error message at all?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No error message at all.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Do you ever hear it dialing? Ringing? Fax tones?

Can you ask someone to try sending you a fax? (if it doesn't pick up automatically, press the start/ok button on the front panel of the printer to initiate manual receive)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm going to have to get the geek squad to come out and physically set us up again. I appreciate that you have tried. Thank you.
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

You're very welcome. If you need any more help after having them out, or prefer to try again with me, let me know at any time.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Were you able to get this resolved, or do you need any more help?