Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My 7400 xerox printer waste ink cartridge just locked me out

Customer Question

My 7400 xerox printer waste ink cartridge just locked me out and i am in the middle of huge deadline waste toner
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the machine is saying the waste toner cartridge is full and i dont have another one
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I would immediately order a replacement, amazon offers two day shipping. You can get the exact and genuine waste ink cartridge here.

http://amzn.to/1oywMbO

Theres no way to over ride that warning in the meantime. Unfortunately.. About the only hope you have is if you remove the waste ink cartridge.. If you watch this video

http://www.office.xerox.com/userdoc/P7400/7400_Web/videos/waste_tray.html

Where the cap goes after you remove the waste ink cartridge.. You may be able to pour or shake some ink out of the cartridge. ( it stains, be warned ) This isnt an ideal solution but you may be able to get enough ink out that it will let you print when you reinsert it.

But you really need to replace it, as shown on the video..

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.