I'm sorry about the issue. Is the old computer currently working with your Canon MG5520 printer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Yes, please turn on the old computer, and test printing from the old computer first.
Is there a USB cable connected from the printer to the old computer? Or is the connection wireles?
Can we continue later?
Previously, was the printer connected to the old computer with a cable? Or was the connection wireless?
Are you able to go to the network /LAN /WLAN / Wireless setup option on the printer's screen?
When you are available, please try:
- If that does not work, turn off the printer, then disconnect power cord(s) from both the printer and the internet modem / router device(s) for about 5 minutes, then re-connect, then turn on the printer
, then wait a bit, then click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then open Printers & Scanners
, then click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, and if it detects your Canon printer, then add it, then check printing.
- On the new Mac computer, download and install the MG5500 series CUPS Printer Driver at the Canon website below and check:
; (if you see the item MG5500 series Full Driver & Software Package then install it.)
- If all fails, please do the followings:
STEP 1: Do the following steps on the Canon printer device in order to connect printer to wireless.
- Go to WLAN option on the printer device, then select option Wireless LAN Setup
, then when the printer's screen asks to press and hold the WPS button..., make sure to press the red Stop / Reset button on the printer
, then select option Standard setup, then select / connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name
; please click on the website below for full instructions / illustrations:
, there, click on the option Standard Connection Method first, then follow the steps there
; (note: there, it shows a different / similar Canon model, but the steps are the same for your printer.)
; if it is successfully, it will show Connected to the access point briefly.
; (note: wi-fi/password ***** key password ***** ***** if it asks for passphrase/key)
STEP 2: On the new Mac computer, please do the followings:
- Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences, then open Printers & Scanners.
, then click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left, and it should detect your wireless Canon printer, then add it, then check printing.
Note: If the computer is wireless, make sure the computer and the printer are connected to the exact same wi-fi / wireless network name.
When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.