John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My HP C6280 printer won't print grey scale in black ink,

Customer Question

Hi. I'm Debbie. My HP C6280 printer won't print grey scale in black ink, even when I select it in the printe que.
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I don't know what else to tell. Except that it only happens with my laptop. I don't have a desk top anymore.
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Debbie.

Are you saying that items come out solid black instead of shaded/gray?
Or that items that should be black/grey come out blank?

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Did you need more help with this?