Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

When entering the ampisand at sign addy the laptop shows"

Customer Question

when entering the ampisand at sign for email addy the laptop shows " please how d I fix?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

This issue usually occurs when you do not have the correct keyboard input type set up on your computer. Please try the following:

1. Open Control Panel (if needed, press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type control then click OK, then the Control Panel window will open.)
  2. , then open the option Clock, Language, Region / Region and Language
  3. , then click on the tab Keyboards and Languages at the top
  4. , then click on the button Change keyboards...
  5. , then click on the button Add... on the right
  6. , then scroll down, then click on the + (plus) button in front of the option English (United States) to open / expand it
  7. , then click on the + (plus) button in front of the option Keyboard right below English (United States)
  8. , then check the box in front of the option US or US (Default) if available, then click OK
  9. , then click on the item US below Keyboard which is below English (United States), then click on button Move Up until it's at the top (which is until the Move Up button is grayed out.)
  10. , you can select any other keyboard type (except US) and remove it.
  11. , then click OK
  12. , then see if you can type the @ character now, or any other special character / symbol you want, and check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.