WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

My brothers printer mfc-9325cw started to make a grinding

Customer Question

hi my brothers printer mfc-9325cw started to make a grinding noise on the right side of the printer when it starts up and prints
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i replaced the toners like it said for me to do then as soon as that happened the grinding noise started so i took all the toners out and replaced them back in the machine and turned it back on and the noise started again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I can help with the printer issue.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.

Open the printer cover and look inside for debris. Remove any loose paper or items that may be stuck inside the printer.

If there is nothing stuck inside, then the problem is a broken gear causing the grinding noise.The gear is not easy to replace and will need to be replaced by a printer repair specialist.

Check if your printer is under warranty first so you can get a free replacement.