Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My Canon Pixma MG6821 printer will not print my most recent

Customer Question

My Canon Pixma MG6821 printer will not print my most recent document on the screen. It keeps printing the same document from a month ago. How do I fix this problem so it will just print my document? Thank y ou!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Wireless: Windows 8

With the printer powered on, but with the computer turned off, does it still print or not?

Does this issue occur when you print something only?

Or does the printer automatically keep printing when the printer is powered on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
sorry, I lost you.....Yes, only when I try to print. I can print from the computer, but when I lay a document (physically) on the computer screen, it keeps printing the one I did a month ago.

Are you able to open the Control Panel on your computer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Correction: when I lay a document on the printer (not computer), it keeps printing only the document from a month ago.Yes, I am able to open Control Panel.

Thank you. STEP #1: In Control Panel, open Programs / Programs and Features, and uninstall the Canon driver program there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, I will do this now.

STEP #2: Restart the computer

, then open Control Panel, then open Hardware and Sound / Devices and Printers

, and if you still see any Canon item there, then right-click on it, and remove device for now, and confirm

; make sure there is not any Canon item showing there for now.

STEP #3:

- Use your Canon printer CD disk to reinstall the printer. Or use the download at the Canon website below, but the website is down right now, so you may need to try later.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-series-inkjet/pixma-mg6821?tab=drivers

- If needed, disconnect the power cord(s) from the internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then reconnect, then wait a bit, and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Do you mean when you put a document on the printer's glass, it will keep printing an old document?

Can you make sure only the power cord is connected to the printer, and check? Make sure there is not any other cable connected to the printer, and check.

If you press the red Stop / Reset (Cancel) button on the printer, does it stop printing?

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.