WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

Paper jam...I probably loaded too much paper(20 sheets) at

Customer Question

Paper jam...I probably loaded too much paper(20 sheets) at once. When it jammed, I followed manual instructions - could pull it back thru the front, or reach it properly from the back. It's standard 8 1/2 x ll. After trying to pull either thru the back or the front, I turned the printer over and have roughly 7" of loose paper sticking out of the bottom od the paper tray. I can wiggle it side to side but it's not coming out. Would appreciate your suggestions. It has been a great printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I can offer some help with the printer.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 9 months ago.

Since the paper is stuck, there are a couple of options.

You can try to remove the paper with force and try not to tear the paper, but you may tear it anyway in the process.

If it does tear, then use tweezers if necessary to remove the remaining pieces. If using force does not work, most of the time you will need to remove all the main covers to get into the printer itself and get access to the rollers. This usually involves a printer repair specialist to do that since it's hard to remove the main covers.