Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

What does Error Code:OxF1 mean?

Customer Question

what does Error Code:OxF1 mean?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

The error code indicates problem with the printhead, either the printhead is defective or it cannot move completely from left to right during start up. First, check that the printhead can move freely or not, if it does then, remove all the cartridges and clean the contacts on them and the printhead inside the printer with a cotton swab and IP alcohol, after that check the result. If the problem persist then, unfortunately the printhead is dead and you have to replace the printhead from any repair shop, as the printhead of Epson printers are not a user replaceable part.

I am very sorry for this answer, but I cannot provide you anything less than the true facts. Hope you will understand. Please let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.