Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

BH750 sub power stopped working then working, now not

Customer Question

BH750 sub power stopped working then working, now not working again.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Main power comes on but sub power switch does nothing. Happened before and removing and replacing transfer separation unit and cleaning area allowed it to power up. Reason for doing this is I got a c 2105 (transfer separation related) code several times prior to the power up problem. Running again, after several thousand copies it started to get scuff like streaks, so I turned it off. Now it will not power up (tried transfer separation unit thing again to no avail). I've worked on these things for 4 years and can't seem to solve this one.

This is pretty basic, but in case you haven't already done it - I would turn main power off and unplug from power - with it unplugged, turn on main power and turn back off. Then plug it back in and turn on main power. Wait a minute or so and then turn on sub power. When you do this, do you get any error?

When you removed and replaced the transfer separation unit, did you replace the part, or did you just put the same part back in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope this isn't your answer. It's like telling someone to reboot a computer. I assumed you are a copier tech with knowledge of bizhubs. Why else would you accept this?

I agree... why else would I?

My question is the same. Did you replace the transfer separation unit with a new transfer separation unit or with the same transfer separation unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put a new one in.