Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Canon MX360 (PIXMA) has error message 5B00. Printer heads

Customer Question

Canon MX360 (PIXMA) has error message 5B00. Printer heads will not move in position to print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

What you need to do is put the machine in service mode, and then clear the ink counter. The video on this page will walk you through the entire process. You will need to have the printer connected to a windows computer in order to complete these steps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0waX_GF-h7U

To download and run the service tool shown on that page, you will need winzip or 7 zip.. You can get 7 zip for free here http://7-zip.org/download.html

If you have further questions or concerns let me know. And if you would prefer I can connect to your computer and printer from here via a secure remote connection, and I can fix the problem in person. If youd like to try that method of support, send a reply and say " I want a remote connection "

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tried the video but never got printer to show Service Mode or software to download.
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Would you like me to connect to your computer, and try and download and install the reset software for you?