Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I replaced the developer unit of my konica minolta bizhub 42

Customer Question

I replaced the developer unit of my konica minolta bizhub 42 copier but the replace developer message keep commimg on and I cannot make any copies. How do I fix this problem
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you replace the developer unit, you have to reset the developer counter first, with the machine open and after you have removed the old developer. Once you have reset the counter, you can then install the new developer and your machine should recognize thats its been changed and start the count over.

If you dont have it, id suggest purchasing the service manual for that machine here. https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/278469362-konica-minolta-bizhub-42-36-full-service

Section 6.3.3 covers the proper way to replace the developer.

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I reset the counter?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Its slightly different in each model of Konica machine.

The service manual for your specific machine will show you how to reset the developer counter in section Section 6.3.3