Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My name is ***** *****. I have an Epson Stylus BX305FW which

Customer Question

Hi My name is ***** *****. I have an Epson Stylus BX305FW which is showing a message 'Printer error, see your documentation'. I printed a doc using the duplex function and wanted to do the same again before printing the second page. That was when the printer came up with the message quoted above. I have checked that there is no paper jam. I've turned the printer off and on several times. I have canceled all print jobs on my computer. I have switched off my computer and restarted. I have changed the black ink cartridge which I had put in just a few minutes earlier. Still the printer error message! Any advice?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ***** *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am most concerned about what you describe here:

I printed a doc using the duplex function and wanted to do the same again before printing the second page

I am wondering if that means: you printed a page, using duplex, then wanted to print the first page in duplex again ?

In any case, that may have been coincidental and may not have caused the problem. But it has a faint chance of being related to the problem.

Two things you don't mention trying, that I would advise:

- turn the printer Off. Unplug it from the power and the computer.

Leave it that way, for an hour or longer. After which, plug it in *only* to the power, not to the computer, and turn it On, see if that frees it up from the error.

- while waiting on the previous procedure, restart your computer, after clearing all print jobs out of the printer's queue.

A 'printer error see manual' or 'printer error see documentation' really has little meaning in documentation, usually, so it generally requires some work to discover what is wrong. Or, it's a 'general error,' sometimes.

How old is the Epson printer in question?

What program on the computer, were you printing from, when the error occurred?