John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon printer MP 495 which I lost the installation

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Canon printer MP 495 which I lost the installation disc for so downloaded the drivers. However it says now that it's not responding or there's a print error ...? What do I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really.. that's it. When I try and print it just says 'printer not responding' or 'print error'.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Can you do copies from the printer itself ?

What version of Windows are you using ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even when I plug the lap top into the printer using usb, it still doesn't respond. I am using Windows 10.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

But can you do copies from the printer itself ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't print anything
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You can do copies from your printer itself by putting the document on its scanner and by pressing the Copy (or similar) button the printer, without computer. Are you able to do that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it doesn't respond.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

That means the issue is not the computer. Can you turn off the printer, unplug it for 3 minutes, turn it back on and do a copy ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Did this happen after you downloaded and install drivers ? When did this problem start exactly ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's alright, I'm gonna get someone else to fix it, thanks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I'm happy to continue to help you. If you would like to continue, please let me know.

If not, then it is OK. If you ever need my help with this, please let me know.