Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My printer has jammed with the paoer I have carefully

Customer Question

Hi Bernie My printer has jammed with the paoer I have carefully remover the jammed paper I cannot remove the ink wells as they will not stop in the centeral position please help me
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, open the top cover of the printer.

Wait a few seconds or longer. Does the carriage not move over into accessible position?

- if it does, you're OK as far as that goes.

- if it doesn't, then without closing the cover, nor turning Off the printer, simply pull the power plug on the printer sharply and suddenly.

Then wait a bit, and reach into the printer and try, gently and not forcibly, to move the carriage into accessible position. If you cannot, there may be no conclusion other than that the printer is 'broken' by some mischance. Esp. if you would have to exert force to move the carriage... that would mean something is jamming the carriage into the inaccessible position.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Russell, I have carried out your instructions, and nothing has happened, I am very disappointed,
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
For the money I have paid you what you suggested I had already done

I'm sorry to hear that.

Is the carriage still inaccessible? that's a severe problem, and sometimes there's nothing to be done for it.

I don't know the context of how this problem came on, nor do I know how old your printer is.

Is there a code showing on the printer's display? if so, what is it, please?