Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience Computers, Electronics, and Printers - HP, Canon, Xerox, Ricoh, Lexmark, Oki, Ghestner, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Sharp
23511658

L2740DW I am wanting a desktop shorcut to see received PC

Customer Question

L2740DW
I am wanting a desktop shorcut to see received PC faxes without opening control center and 3 level menu?I want to delete faxes in my database once processed. How is this done?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

You can run brother's PC FAX software which will allow you to view then from your tray icon

Each time your computer receives a fax, the PC-FAX icon in the task tray will alternate between and .

When the fax has been received, the icon changes to .

The icon changes to when the received fax has been viewed.

1. Double-click to open the Fax Received folder.

2. Double-click any new faxes to view them.

The name of your unread faxes will be based on the date and time that the faxes were received (for example: Fax 2-20-2014 16;40;21.tif) until you assign each fax a file name.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i want to delete this icon one finished with it . How do I delete it from there.
Also when a voice call comes in the tone looking for a fax message persists can it be turned off?

I don't understand what you are asking.

You can either have the icon there, which will alert you when you have a fax, or you can use the control center when you want to check. But if you remove the icon (which you could do by closing PC-FAX), then it won't be running so you can click on it when you receive a fax.

The fax icon will change when you have a fax. Once you view the fax, the icon will stop blinking - note that PC-FAX and the control center are two different programs, each with different functionality. PC-FAX is just for a quick way of viewing faxes without, as you mentioned, going through three levels of menus.