John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon mx892 printer goes through the motions but no ink

Customer Question

My Canon mx892 printer goes through the motions but no ink comes out onto the paper. I have used cleanse and super cleanse utilities, removed the printer assembly and cleaned the assembly, but still I get blank paper printing. I am not getting a "low ink" message.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Harold Hanna replied 9 months ago.

Hello Susan how are you today? When was the last time the cartridges were changed? Is this a color printer? Does ink come out of any of them?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Harold.
I'm sorry but this answer doesn't respond to the information I provided. I spelled out the steps I had taken to address the issue and included the fact that I had run the cleanse utilities and that the cartridges had ink, and that I had cleaned the printhead assembly. I'm not interested in pursuing this further with. you, and I'm not satisfied with your response.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Also you should have been able to tell from the printer model info that it was a color ink jet printer.

Hello Susan. You should not have been charged anything as of yet, we haven't even had a conversation. I could have yes but we did not get that far yet.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Harold. I don't want to continue.

When you go to the doctor and tell them you have a cough, you should not expect an immediate answer. There will be follow up questions to narrow down the problem. This is simple troubleshooting.

My follow up question was, is it just black that isn't working, or does the color not work either? Very simple. Please contact customer support to refund if you paid for anything it doesn't seem you did yet.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Harold. I don't want to continue with additional troubleshooting. I believe the printhead assembly is the problem, given the troubleshooting I have done on my own, and this is not something you can fix with remote assistance. I don't believe I need technical support at this point; I need either a new printer or a replacement part that will cost as much as a new printer. I will be taking the printer to the mfr. repair location tomorrow to see which option makes more sense.

I understand. It is not fair to say I didn't help you when we didn't have a conversation, I would attempt to assist you and spend as much time needed to do so if you would like that. If you believe it is a physical problem, yes I agree and of course you would not be charged. I am not billing but as far as I know you have not been charged, that is why I say you can contact billing and verify you have not.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks. I'll check with them if it looks like I've been charged after all. I appreciate your canceling the transaction.

OK usually you don't pay unless you are satisfied but we did not work together so of course you will not be charged. I will refer this for a refund as sometimes they charge 5 dollars to verify your payment method etc. Have a good evening!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks, ***** *****