John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Name is ***** *****. Trying to figure out why my laptop and

Customer Question

Name is ***** *****. Trying to figure out why my laptop and wireless printer will not communicate. All software is installed and updated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running windows 7. I'm trying to pair it with an Epson workforce WF-3540 printer via Wifi. I've installed the driver software (manufacturer copy) onto the laptop. I can see the printer on the laptop but when I attempt to print, there is some type of communication error and nothing happens
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a new printer or new computer or new modem/router device? Or was it working fine previously?

What's the status of the wi-fi/wireless option / icon on the printer's screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
wifi is working fine. Printer works (via wifi) with two other desktops. It is not a new printer. I believe it used to work with this laptop previously but do not remember. I'm contemplating uninstalling the printer software from the laptop and trying to reinstall it and the most current drivers to see if that makes a difference (although I just recently did a software update on the printer software and it's still not functioning).

During installation of the printer's driver / software on your Toshiba laptop, did it detect the wireless printer or not?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it detected it. I don't want to waste your time any further because I don't have the money right now. Too many things are happening all at once and not enough $ to cover them all. Thanks for the response but I'll just figure it out

You're welcome. There is no additional cost, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Can I provide some other written steps you can try? Please let me know. Thank you.