John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a cannon MB2060 inkjet printer, I have installed a

Customer Question

Hi I have a cannon MB2060 inkjet printer , I have installed a new black ink cartridge which is faulty ( I have cleaned and deep cleaned many times ) .
I have purchased a new cartridge but can't work out how to remove the ink tank when it's not empty.
Can you help ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Can you tell me what specific error code/message you're getting?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no error code, all i want to do is swap the black ink tank
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
normally when the ink tank is empty ,you open the front cover and the machine automatically moves the empty tank into position to eject . however because the ink tank i want to replace is not empty this does not happen
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for clarifying.

You should be able to go into the settings menu, then to INK, and select Change Cartridge, to prompt the carriage over.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
menu : maintenence..all the options are to do with cleaning and print head allignment
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Not under maintenance, but there should be one for status or consumables (ink level) where you can access the cartridge change

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no mention of ink tanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

If you aren't finding that, open the front cover and you should be able to slide the carriage over manually (with slight resistance) to the proper position.

If it won't move freely, unplug power to the printer and move it in that state.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Do not turn off power or the head will park, just pull the cord right from the outlet.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried both ways .... it is locked in position
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It seems like you are guessing ...I will contact canon directly....how do i cancel ?
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

I'm not guessing, the printer (at least at one time, on the factory original firmware) had the ink change option, I'm trying to give you some alternatives since it isn't there.

You may cancel from the help page. Best of luck to you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
cheers