John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My 880 has a paper jam and I removed the crumpled paper but

Customer Question

My 880 has a paper jam and I removed the crumpled paper but it still will not work. I unplugged it and tried to get to where something else must be jamming and I can't find a way to the rollers. I do not have any obstructions in there. It was working fine, then grabbed several sheets at once. They came through. How to I get into the guts to see if there's another paper inside?
JA: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Where did the paper get jammed and crumpled?

What error indication shows on the printer now, when you turn it Off for several minutes, then On again ?

As for how to get into the printer - I'm not sure what maker or which model your '880' is. I could guess, but instead I ask: please identify the maker name of the printer (Canon, HP, Lexmark, or similar.)